Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Represent

I've been quiet for a little while, I know, but I assure you it's justified. For starters I've been learning my way around RMXP. Besides that, I've been digging around the various resources and scripts that others have made public to the community, trying to cherry-pick the ones I feel most appropriate to compliment the direction I intend to take this game. I burned all too many hours and days trying to do a bunch of things that were already completed...

That said, I still have at least a couple of features to implement that I haven't really seen anyone else use - so I will still need to take awhile studying how Ruby as a programming language works. More on those features later, though.

Today, I pose the age old question:


 ...what? You say it's not even a contest? Well, opinions are opinions I suppose. It won't exactly change the fact that your choice of protagonist is almost entirely cosmetic, so roll with whoever you like. Feel free to use a different name, too. Tradition and all that. Just don't be surprised to see the player character exhibit a little more personality than usual. They do have a distinct background, after all.

The game is ready to take off as soon as you are. Within minutes, you'll have your starter Pokémon and a growing understanding of the world. You'll have your first major encounter, too.


This girl has a bit of an attitude problem, and it shows in her choice of partners over the course of the game. To make matters worse, she and you basically live on different planets, so coming to understand and respect each other will be a trying process.

Tagling, known as the Graffiti Pokémon, uses thick, vibrant ink to mark its turf. Other Tagling use this to decide whether approach is safe or not - and it typically isn't, because the various colors don't mix! It's not uncommon to see a group of Tagling attacking a lone Tagling of a different form. Pity, really. They're functionally the same all the way down to their Ground-and-Poison-Type, so why can't they get along?

Keep busy this summer! I know I will, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment